Stella Kristin is here today to talk about designing with skylights.
In today’s world where electricity is being conserved and many new and feasible methods are being implemented, one such method is brought to us in the name Skylights. These are used in order to use the sunlight to its optimum level. Skylights are basically windows which are set in the plane of the roof or the ceiling. These help the users to be economical and in saving money and cutting cost of the electricity. It lightens up the burden on their pockets.
As we know that skylights are overhead windows which help in providing lights, they have to be placed carefully. Let us discuss some of the best ways to put skylights.
1. Saying no to darkness: the places wherein there is a lot of darkness and even at the time of the day one needs the help of light bulbs there placing a small skylight would help . These small skylights would help in reducing the darkness and would also help in to bring a new freshness to the place which would had not been there if the skylight would had not been put.
2. Knowing the directions and the sun’s movement: If you know which is the direction from your house where the sun rises and where it sets and what is its movement in the whole day then you can utilize this knowledge to your benefit in order to gain maximum from the sky lights. The skylights should be placed in such a way that the person living in the place should feel the sun rising near him or her.
3. Best alternative to limited windows: the skylights are the best option in the houses where the light is dim and they have a limited set of windows. In this case, these skylights prove to be the best option for a person who loves to have the natural air and light near him or her.
4. Closer look at nature: If you are a person who has a lot of indoor plants in their house then, these skylights should be placed at such place where the maximum plants are placed. It would give the persons sitting near the plants that they are closer to nature and have a personal garden of their own. It would help the residents in connecting to nature. Also the plants and sunlight would increase the beauty of the house.
5. Prefer Ventilating skylights: The skylights placed in the house should be such that they are not sealed and should open like windows for fresh air and freshness in the room. Also these skylights should open in such manner that the bottom should be outward in order to prevent the snow and rain from falling inside the house and creating a mess.
These skylights as said earlier are of great help to the users. But they should be selected very wisely as today there are a lot of options available for skylights. While considering to buy these skylights a person can even contact Fedex to know what are the rules and regulations for delivering these skylights. Hence we can say that skylights should be installed wisely in a house and should be in such a way that it does not prove to be expensive for the buyers.