Here is how to do it and to do it right.
What You Need:
- Cheap Plastic Drop Cloths: Calculate each ghost you will make and add one.
- White paper or newspaper
- 6 or 8 Lengths of rebar- 3 to 4 feet high: How many ghosts you do will determine how many pieces of rebar you need. (Check your Local Hardware Store)
- Clear packing tape
- Yellow or Orange Christmas Type Lights
- A Couple of Pieces of Wood
What to Do:
1. Hammer the rebar into the ground into a circle.
2. Cut lengths of drop cloth double the height you want your ghosts
3. From the extra drop cloth cut out strips 4x12 you will use to tie at the necks around the rebar.
4. Form the head by balling up paper and. When you have a large enough ball place in center of stretched out drop cloth section.
5. Gather the drop cloth and cover the paper forming a head like he is a lollipop.
6. Place "head" on top of rebar and wrap packing tape around plastic to form neck.
7. Gather at the waist area and tape again. Your ghost will now look like a lollipop.
8. Cut several long strips of drop cloth to form arms. These are crisscrossed and tied around chest area. Then the hands with meet with the next ghost to meet and hold hands.
9. Place the logs in the center of the ghost and top with your colored lights. Plug in.
The ghosts look amazing at night. One girl who lives down the street from us is so frightened she can't even look down our way. She is a teenager. Funny girl.