Soothe a Cold with a Hot Tea Toddy
I'm sniffling and sneezing over here. I'm blaming my mother since she was the one with this thing first. Even Joe is sick. Can you believe that? He hasn't been sick since I met him. He's getting weak with age. ;) So what helps? Alcohol of course.
What to Do:
1. Brew a cup of decaffeinated tea and let steep for a couple of minutes.
2. Add a bit of honey to taste. This will not only sweeten up your tea but coat your itchy throat to help relieve any soreness or coughing.
3. Slice a lemon and squeeze over the cup to add some yumminess only a lemon can provide.
4. Add a shot of bourbon or whiskey. If you feel really bad go ahead and feed a shot in your mouth too.
5. Hold up to your nose and breathe in the hot steam. Sip slowly. Hop in bed and catch up on shows you have missed being well.